Community Based Racial Equity 101
This workshop is an opportunity to develop a foundational understanding of the systems that uphold racial inequity and the impact it has at the interpersonal, institutional, and structural levels.
Facilitated by our Director of Racial and Gender Equity, sessions utilize learning strategies intended to engage everyone, including group discussion, reading materials, awareness exercises, interactive activities and more—all in a safe, supportive environment where everyone can share their thoughts openly. Topics often give rise to challenging and emotional moments.
There will be four virtual workshops each session will run from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and will take place on Zoom.
- Monday, November 8, 20201
- Monday, November 29, 2021
- Thursday, December 2, 2021
- Monday, December 12, 2021
- Increase awareness of racism and its impact on our community and society
- Support participants in developing a racial equity lens
- Explore ways to work together across racial boundaries to promote racial equity
- Participant must attend all sessions to complete workshop
- Participants will arrive on time and be fully engaged for the duration of the workshop.
Registration closes October 29, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. If you have any questions, please contact Maritza Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org