YWCA to Host Blogger, Marina Abrahim, for Empowered Confidence Presentation
According to the Dove Self-Esteem Fund, “75% of girls with low self-esteem reported engaging in negative activities such as disordered eating, cutting, bullying, smoking or drinking when feeling badly about themselves.”
Embracing our mission, Abrahim seeks to empower females of all ages to take control, shape their futures, challenge themselves, and use their struggles as fuel. When you “change how you think and you’ll change how you feel,” stated Abrahim.
More than 70 middle and high school girls will have the opportunity to attend this presentation through the Girls CHOICE program. During the Empowered Confidence presentation, they will be introduced to and discuss topics such as:
- Boundaries and non-negotiables
- Positive habits and affirmations
- Healthy relationships and friends
- Self-respect and more
“Not only does she embody our mission, she shares it with the world. We are so excited to partner with Marina to share her story, her message, and empower more females to feel confident and ready to take on their futures,” stated YWCA Marketing Associate, Sophie Cannon.
The presentation schedule is as follows:
Transitional Housing Program:
- February 10, 2020: YWCA Central Massachusetts at 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- February 25, 2020: Boys and Girls Club of Fitchburg and Leominster from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- February 26, 2020: YWCA Central Massachusetts from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- March 3, 2020: Boys and Girls Club of Fitchburg and Leominster from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- March 7, 2020: YWCA Central Massachusetts from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
For more information about Empowered Confidence, please visit https://www.marinaabrahim.com/empoweredconfidence or contact Marina Abrahim at email@example.com.
Development & Communications Specialist