Day Camp for youth 6 to 13 years
Camp Wind-in-the-Pines is a summer day camp for school-aged children located on Stiles Reservoir in Leicester. Each session is packed with themed activities, games, and projects, as well as traditional camp activities.
For the convenience of working parents, camp hours are 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The camp has an ample amount of sandy beach and lake front property with a boathouse and dock, several recreation halls, a ball field and nature trails. The bath house is equipped with private rest rooms, showers and changing areas for campers.
Campers are divided into specific age groups and are instructed in areas that are developmentally appropriate. Each session is packed with themed activities, games, and projects, as well as traditional camp activities. Every session includes swim lessons, recreational swim, boating (8 years and older), arts and crafts, games, sports and literacy.
Camp Wind-in-the-Pines is licensed through the Town of Leicester Board of Health and complies to all regulations established by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
Jump to Section:
2021 Camp Sessions:
- Nature Session 1: June 21-25 Do you love animals, plants, and all things nature? Tap into your natural curiosity, learn about the world around you, and spend lots of time exploring the outdoors! You’ll create paper bag luminaries, paint with mud, have a frog snacktivity, and build stick mobiles.
- Scarecrows Session 2: June 28- July 2 There’s nothing scary about this week! Make paper bag scarecrows, build a cabin scarecrow, celebrate National Scarecrow Day and more!
- Independence Day Session 3: July 5-9 (closed July 5) Join us for a week-long celebration of Independence Day! Celebrate the Fourth of July and American history with fun and crafts and activities. Build and launch rockets, create patriotic jewel, and join us for a special field day!
- Birds of a Feather Session 4: July 12-16 Camp Wind-in-the-Pines may be home to lots of kids during the summer, but did you know its home to even MORE birds? Learn about your avian neighbors through exploration and crafts including bird watching, making pinecone feeders, building birds nest and more!
- We Are Family- A Multicultural Celebration Session 5: July 19-23 Learn, explore, and share about your culture and others during this week long celebration of diversity! Design Kente Cloth, create Papel picado, make Venetian masks, and batik with toothpaste
- Mad Science Session 6: July 26-30 It’s time to explore your creativity and conduct some awesome science experiments! Make rock candy, grow your socks, build and test balloon race cars, and of course, make slime!
- Superheroes Session 7: August 2-6 It’s a bird. It’s a plane. It’s the best summer ever! Find you inner superhero this week at camp. You’ll make pipe cleaner superheroes, infinity rocks, make superhero popsicle, and celebrate National Watermelon Day!
- Safari Session 8: August 9-13 Ready for your sub-Saharan adventure? Enjoy a week full of crafts, exploration, and more. Your safari will feature binocular and safari hat making, tiger shaving cream marbling, and creating your own elephant themed card or paper alligator crafts. Enjoy s’mores on National S’mores Day!
- Hawaiian Luau Session 9: August16-20 Learn about the origins of the Hawaiian Luau, Make a lei, create a volcano, and build a pineapple out of a pinecone. And of course, you can’t forget limbo!
- Camp at its Best Session 10: August 23-27 Enjoy the last few days of summer with your favorite traditional camp activities. Make clay beads and Gods’ Eyes, create prints with foam shapes and a bray tool, and tie-dye!
All summer camp registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please read the registration form carefully. A $30 non-refundable deposit per child per session is required. Balances must be paid in full and all required forms must be received by June 1.
To avoid any delays please register online only if you will be paying online. If you will be mailing your payment please download the registration form and mail it with payment.
Mail completed registration form with payment to:
YWCA Central Massachusetts,
1 Salem Square, Worcester, MA 01608
Fax it: 508-754-0496
A confirmation packet with additional camp information and forms will be sent once your child’s registration is processed. To receive your confirmation packet via email, please be sure to print your email address on the registration form in the indicated area.
The YWCA provides partial scholarship assistance through its summer camp scholarship program to prospective campers with financial need. The availability of scholarship funds is limited. If you meet the following qualifications you may be eligible:
- You work at least 30 hours a week
- You are a student and attend class at least five hours a day
- Or you are medically incapable of caring for your child.
Camp Wind-in-the-Pines provides parents with two locations for drop-off and pick-up:
YWCA Central Massachusetts, 1 Salem Square, Worcester (Additional transportation fee of $90/week for campers dropped off and picked up in Worcester)
The quality of camp staff is what sets YWCA’s summer camp programs apart from others. All camp counselors are trained and certified in CPR and First Aid, and meet the departments of Early Education and Care and Public Health requirements.